By Kevin Makice
This groundbreaking e-book offers you the talents and assets essential to construct internet purposes for Twitter. excellent for brand spanking new and informal programmers intrigued by way of the realm of microblogging, Twitter API: Up and Running rigorously explains how every one a part of Twitter's API works, with precise examples that provide help to gather these construction blocks into useful and enjoyable internet purposes. you will additionally get a whole examine Twitter tradition and learn the way it has encouraged programmers to construct 1000s of instruments and purposes. With this ebook, you will:
- Explore each portion of a Twitter program and find out how the API responds
- Get the Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL code essential to construct your personal functions, with reasons of ways those constituents work
- Learn from real-world Twitter purposes created only for this book
- Discover the main attention-grabbing and precious Twitter programs--and get rules for developing your own--with the book's Twitter program directory
Twitter deals a brand new strategy to hook up with humans on the net, and Twitter API: Up and Running takes you correct to the center of this technology.
"Twitter API: Up and operating is a pleasant, available creation to the Twitter API. Even starting internet builders could have a operating Twitter undertaking ahead of they comprehend it. sit with this for a weekend and you are in your strategy to Twitter API mastery."--Alex Payne, Twitter API Lead
"Twitter API: Up and operating is a really complete and beneficial resource--any developer will suppose the urge to code a Twitter-related program correct after completing the book!"--The Lollicode crew, creators of Twitscoop
By Penny McIntire
* Illustrates how basic ideas of layout observe to the web
* comprises charts, diagrams, and photos to reinforce studying and retention
* Covers web site research, navigation, structure, colour, photos, typography and forms
* Demonstrates a number of strategies for purchasing simply the appropriate feel and appear in your net sites
* makes a speciality of the features that make websites usable, enticing, and memorable
The very important things you have to know:
- Get on top of things quickly. the right way to set up Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL, and get them working on either your desktop and a distant server.
- Gain new techniques. make the most of the all-new bankruptcy on integrating personal home page with HTML net pages.
- Manage your content. Use the dossier process to entry person information, together with photographs and different binary files.
- Make it dynamic. Create pages that vary with every one new viewing.
- Build an outstanding database. Use MySQL to shop consumer details and different data.
- Keep your web site working. grasp the instruments for solving issues that move wrong.
- Control operations. Create an administrative interface to supervise your site.
Want to benefit all approximately Ruby on Rails, the internet software framework that's inspiring builders around the globe?
This functional hands-on advisor for first-time Ruby on Rails programmers will stroll you thru fitting the mandatory software program on a home windows, Mac or Linux laptop. And prior to you get coding, a whole bankruptcy is dedicated to item orientated programming in Ruby, so you may be thoroughly convinced with the Ruby language prior to you start operating with Rails.
the instance program that the booklet builds - a user-generated information site - is outfitted upon with each one following bankruptcy, and ideas equivalent to periods, cookies and easy AJAX utilization are steadily brought. assorted facets of Rails, comparable to ActiveRecord, migrations and automatic trying out are explored with each one characteristic that's extra to the appliance.
The ebook finishes with chapters on debugging, benchmarking and deployment to a dwell internet server.
by means of the top of the ebook, you should have outfitted a fully-featured internet 2.0 software and deployed it to the internet. And all code is updated for Rails 1.2, so that you can start coding instantly with the newest model of Rails.
By Kai Laborenz
CSS oder Cascading variety Sheets ist eine Sprache zum Formatieren von HTML/XHTML-Elementen. CSS trennt den Inhalt von der shape und vereinfacht dem Anwender so die Entwicklung und Aktualisierung seiner Webseiten. CSS hat sich in der Webentwicklung bereits etabliert - dieses Buch hat diese Entwicklung in den vergangenen Jahren dabei begleitet. Die erweiterte Einführung, ausführliche Anleitungen zur Formatierung und Positionierung mit CSS, Praxisbeispiele sowie viele neue Tipps und tips eines echten CSS-Profis bringen jeden Webprogrammmierer in die Lage, browserübergreifende Lösungen zu realisieren. Clou des Buches: Die Browserreferenzkarte.
By Adam Freeman
The ASP.NET MVC three Framework is the newest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET net platform. It presents a high-productivity programming version that promotes purifier code structure, test-driven improvement, and robust extensibility, mixed with the entire merits of ASP.NET 4.
during this 3rd variation, the middle model-view-controller (MVC) architectural ideas aren't easily defined or mentioned in isolation, yet are confirmed in motion. You’ll paintings via a longer educational to create a operating e-commerce internet program that mixes ASP.NET MVC with the most recent C# language gains and unit-testing most sensible practices. by means of gaining this necessary, useful adventure, you’ll realize MVC’s strengths and weaknesses for yourself―and placed your best-learned thought into practice.
The book's authors Steve Sanderson and Adam Freeman have either watched the expansion of ASP.NET MVC considering the fact that its first liberate. Steve is a well known blogger at the MVC Framework and a member of the Microsoft net Platform and instruments staff. Adam all started designing and development net functions 15 years in the past and has been answerable for many of the world's biggest and such a lot bold initiatives. you may be certain you're in secure hands.
By Andy Harris
A brand new variation of a bestseller covers the most recent advances in internet development!
Examines new internet improvement developments together with new applied sciences and adjustments to the standards
Features an internet site that includes assisting fabrics together with code and a number of other invaluable courses which are valuable for internet development
HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies, third version serves because the ideal reference for either internet improvement newbies and pro pros seeking to study extra approximately easy methods to get the main out of the robust mix of HTML5 and CSS3.
About the Author
Andy Harris taught himself programming since it used to be enjoyable. at the present time he teaches laptop technology, online game improvement, and internet programming on the college point; is a know-how advisor for the kingdom of Indiana; has helped individuals with disabilities to shape their very own internet improvement businesses; and works with households who desire to educate computing at domestic.
By Steve Pugh
Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts is a compendium of scripts that might make your existence more straightforward by way of saving you time and fixing difficulties. when you're losing time and effort on a role a expert monkey may possibly do, it's time for Ruby to come back to the rescue.
Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts presents conscientiously chosen Ruby scripts which are instantly important. the way to streamline administrative projects like renaming documents, disabling procedures, and altering permissions. once you get your ft rainy growing simple scripts, writer Steve Pugh will assist you to create strong internet crawlers, safety scripts, full-fledged libraries and functions, and masses extra. With each one script you'll get the uncooked code via a proof of ways it works, in addition to directions for the way to run the script and recommendations for customizing it. Wicked Cool Ruby Scripts will prevent from the tedium of repetitive initiatives and provides you again the time it will take to put in writing scripts from scratch.
By Arturo Soto
About This Book
- Create scalable and hugely interactive internet purposes utilizing the best frameworks for Backbone.js
- Learn approximately controllers, perspectives, modules, occasions, instructions, and regions
- Make the main out of spine Marionette by means of figuring out its philosophy and using it to real-life improvement tasks
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Install and comprehend the center ideas of spine Marionette
- Orchestrate perspectives with a controller object
- Divide your software into logical self sustaining regions
- Manage an object's existence cycle to prevent reminiscence leaks
- Provide constitution, association, and development in your spine code
This advisor might help you research a few key suggestions that may let you construct large-scale functions very easily. you'll how to upload new gains speedy and simply utilizing a fantastic and composite spine Marionette framework. This publication is a realistic consultant to constructing scalable purposes utilizing an incremental and modular method with Marionette.js.
This ebook starts off by way of exhibiting you the main advantages of Marionette.js and the way to establish a improvement surroundings so that you can commence writing code utilizing this framework. It then walks you thru the most parts of the library akin to the router, controller, and alertness. After that, it introduces you to themes like view kinds and the view existence cycle ahead of relocating directly to extra complex themes reminiscent of modularization, company messaging styles, incremental use, and reminiscence management.
Getting all started with spine Marionette incorporates a lot of infrastructural examples that can assist you to construct an program of almost any module measurement. It will give you a set of universal layout and implementation styles to damage your functions into small items. It then wraps-up via imposing prolonged features like asynchronous module definitions and handlebars.
By Toby Segaran
Are looking to faucet the facility in the back of seek scores, product strategies, social bookmarking, and on-line matchmaking? This interesting booklet demonstrates how one can construct net 2.0 purposes to mine the large quantity of knowledge created through humans on the net. With the delicate algorithms during this e-book, you could write clever courses to entry attention-grabbing datasets from different sites, acquire facts from clients of your personal functions, and research and comprehend the information as soon as you've got discovered it. Programming Collective Intelligence takes you into the area of computer studying and statistics, and explains how you can draw conclusions approximately person event, advertising and marketing, preferences, and human habit in general--all from details that you just and others acquire each day. each one set of rules is defined basically and concisely with code which can instantly be used in your website, weblog, Wiki, or really expert program. This e-book explains:
- Collaborative filtering thoughts that allow on-line outlets to suggest items or media
- Methods of clustering to discover teams of comparable goods in a wide dataset
- Search engine features--crawlers, indexers, question engines, and the PageRank set of rules
- Optimization algorithms that seek thousands of attainable recommendations to an issue and select the easiest one
- Bayesian filtering, utilized in unsolicited mail filters for classifying files in response to note kinds and different good points
- Using determination timber not just to make predictions, yet to version the way in which judgements are made
- Predicting numerical values instead of classifications to construct fee types
- Support vector machines to check humans in on-line courting sites
- Non-negative matrix factorization to discover the autonomous good points in adataset
- Evolving intelligence for challenge solving--how a working laptop or computer develops its ability via enhancing its personal code the extra it performs a game
each one bankruptcy contains workouts for extending the algorithms to cause them to extra robust. transcend easy database-backed functions and placed the wealth of net facts to give you the results you want.
"Bravo! i will not contemplate a greater approach for a developer to first examine those algorithms and strategies, nor am i able to contemplate a greater method for me (an previous AI puppy) to reinvigorate my wisdom of the details."
-- Dan Russell, Google
"Toby's publication does an excellent activity of breaking down the advanced subject material of machine-learning algorithms into sensible, easy-to-understand examples that may be at once utilized to research of social interplay around the net at the present time. If I had this booklet years in the past, it can have stored valuable time happening a few fruitless paths."
-- Tim Wolters, CTO, Collective mind